What is WibiEnterprise 3.0?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 is a development SDK and state-of-the-art platform for assembling and delivering highly analytical, real-time, Big Data Applications. WibiEnterprise 3.0 is a commercially licensed and supported SDK and platform built on top of the open-source and Apache 2.0 Licensed Kiji Project.
What problem is WibiEnterprise 3.0 solving?
Many enterprises have invested heavily in Big Data storage infrastructures, such as Hadoop and HBase, but few have been able to rapidly assemble and iterate on applications that exploit the power of their data and provide a significant return on investment. Existing customer applications don’t utilize data that enterprises are already collecting. WibiEnterprise 3.0 connects Big Data and real-time models to customer-focused applications.
What does WibiEnterprise 3.0 allow enterprises to do?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 provides an abstraction layer and SDK that makes it easy to develop applications leveraging the Big Data storage infrastructures of Apache Hadoop and Apache HBase. With WibiEnterprise 3.0:
- Data scientists can explore data, develop and train models, experiment with models and ultimately deploy the best models to production for real-time consumption by application channels (website, mobile app, etc.)
- Application developers can easily write information in real time for usage in analytical models.
- Organizations can run and consume the results of analytical models in real time to improve their customers’ application experiences.
How are companies currently leveraging WibiEnterprise 3.0?
Organizations across industries are using WibiEnterprise 3.0 to integrate real-time analytics into customer-facing application channels to increase customer satisfaction and profit margins.
Example use cases for WibiEnterprise 3.0 include:
- Creating relevant and contextual shopping recommendations during an eCommerce sales process.
- Combining multiple customer data sources and applying in-house debt models to better detect fraud and credit risks in retail financial services.
- Delivering personalized recommendations to customers explaining how to reduce usage and save money in utilities usage.
- Combining multiple customer data sources to apply real-time next-best-action recommendations and reduce call handle time and increase customer satisfaction.
What can enterprises build with WibiEnterprise 3.0 ?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 provides the building blocks for data-driven, omni-channel application features using all the customer data available. Enterprises can build Big Data Applications that include:
- Dynamic segmentation
- Personalized content
- Relevant search results
- Predictive recommendations
- Anomaly detection
What is a Big Data Application?
Creating a tight, real-time feedback loop between customer behavior and application experience is what differentiates a Big Data Application from a traditional web application. WibiEnterprise 3.0 brings Big Data analytics into customer-facing applications to facilitate personalize each customer's experience--at scale and in real time.
How do Big Data Applications compare to traditional applications?
Traditional application storage strategies have centered on storing data in siloed data warehouses. Long ETL cycles are required to refine and combine data in back-end systems and create BI reports that glean insights from this data long after customers have finished interacting with a website or mobile app. With WibiEnterprise 3.0, organizations can move beyond batch BI and ETL to power dynamic customer interactions with real-time, data-driven models. Big Data Applications built on WibiEnterprise 3.0 bridge the gap between the models data scientists create and the front-end applications customers use. WibiData’s technology lowers the cost of development and the time to deployment of Big Data Applications, allowing organizations to create personalized, dynamic application experiences.
What are the advantages of Big Data Applications?
In today’s competitive landscape, consumers have less patience, more choices and higher expectations. Big Data Applications allow enterprises to recreate the “white glove” customer service of in-store personnel across a brand’s online and mobile channels. Using Big Data Applications, brands can better understand their individual customers and dynamically adapt the customer experience. Big Data Applications connect the analysis that organizations perform in the back office with what customers experience in the front office.
What is a Customer Data Platform?
A Customer Data Platform is a framework for collecting, storing and acting upon all the data produced from all customer-facing applications. WibiEnterprise 3.0 enables a 360 degree view of each customer and allows organizations to build Big Data Applications that utilize all the customer data available to deliver relevant, contextual experiences to individual customers.
Who can benefit from WibiEnterprise 3.0?
Any enterprise with a significant amount of customer data should consider building a Customer Data Platform with WibiEnterprise 3.0.
What are the benefits of WibiEnterprise 3.0?
- Adds schema evolvability to Big Data infrastructure, supporting multiple applications accessing the same data sets.
- Provides data scientists the ability to deploy predictive models directly to live applications without re-engineering.
- Integrates batch model training and real-time predictive model scoring into one mission-critical system.
- Gives application engineers the means to write customer data in real time and consume the results of predictive models in real time.
What are the use cases for WibiEnterprise 3.0?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 can be used to build Big Data Applications that deliver dynamic intent-based segmentation, personalized content, contextually relevant search results, predictive recommendations and behavioral anomaly detection. Some examples include real-time personalization of eCommerce websites and mobile applications, and contextual calls-to-action in call centers.
What features make WibiEnterprise 3.0 different and/or better than other tools?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 is built on the open-source Kiji Project, which is built natively on Apache Hadoop and Apache HBase. It allows organizations to seamlessly incorporate complex consumer data from multiple application sources and develop and deploy massive predictive models directly into customer-facing applications.
What is the difference between Kiji and WibiEnterprise 3.0?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 is a commercially licensed and supported platform and SDK built on top of Kiji, a open-source framework for building Big Data Applications. WibiEnterprise 3.0 provides features on top of the Kiji framework and WibiData provides licensed customers with development services and ongoing production support for WibiEnterprise 3.0.
What are the core features of WibiEnterprise 3.0?
- Schema Management – A framework for defining tables and datasets with schema information. Allows for consistent evolution over time without downtime (via KijiSchema).
- Batch Processing – A framework for bulk imports, complex analysis tasks and other MapReduce jobs (via KijiMR).
- Machine Learning Model Lifecycle – A framework for authoring machine learning models, batch model training, model deployment and real-time model scoring (via KijiScoring and KijiModelRepo).
- Data Exploration – A framework for adhoc query and analysis (via KijiExpress and KijiHive).
- Application Integration – A framework for integrating with other systems through RESTful interfaces for reads, writes, model scoring, etc. (via KijiREST).
What is required to run WibiEnterprise 3.0?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 is a commercially licensed and supported platform and SDK built on top of the open-source and Apache 2.0 Licensed Kiji Project. Kiji is a Java-based system that runs on Linux and OS X. The WibiEnterprise 3.0 SDK runs on any single machine. WibiEnterprise 3.0 can be deployed to any number of stateless services that connect to a Hadoop and HBase system. To develop Kiji applications, enterprises need the Oracle Java JDK. We have tested this system with the Oracle Java “Hotspot” JVM, version 6. Other JVMs are not supported at this time. If enterprises are running OS X, this JVM is installed by default.
What platforms does WibiEnterprise 3.0 run on?
WibiData products are tightly integrated with HBase, Avro and the rest of the Hadoop ecosystem for data storage. For model development, WibiData integrates with systems like R and SAS using PMML as an intermediary. Since WibiEnterprise 3.0 is a middleware component, it can be integrated into existing application infrastructures by leveraging its REST interface. For analytical reporting on data stored with WibiData, use Hive and JDBC to integrate with other enterprise tools, such as Tableau and MicroStrategy.
What BI tools does WibiEnterprise 3.0 integrate with?
WibiEnterprise 3.0 supports standard Apache Hive via the KijiHive component and works with any Apache Hive-compatible BI tool.
How can I learn more about WibiEnterprise 3.0 training and where can I register?
For more information about training, support or services, contact us.