If you need a lot of capacity for your computer or want to expand the memory of your console or your Android TV, we advise you not to miss the best hard drives for gaming made for gamers in 2020.
We have for you in this list in which we have compared efficiently each one of the models that are in the market to bring you the ones that have more acceptance and are more reliable to have your files.
These gaming drives are best for computers as well as gaming platforms like PS4 etc.
PlayStation 4 consoles have many resources that, if you know how to take advantage of them, you will have not only a video game center with an impressive graphic resolution but also the possibility to watch and save many movies and series, as well as other uses such as music or photo gallery.
The problem they usually have is that their internal memory falls very short, so you have to expand it in some way, and this is where the best gaming drives for PS4 on the market that we have compared and analyzed in this category come in.
Some Highlighted Hard Drives for you
It provides a high speed fast gaming experience without any lag that too at a very affordable price so you don’t need to worry about money. IF we go into details then it is a solid-state hybrid device. For all of you who don’t have much information about SSDs and all.
Gaming hard drives can either be an SSD (solid-state drive) or a regular drive. An SSD is much better than than the regular drive. As far as this drive is concerned, it is in between an SSD and the regular one so it provides better function than the regular one but slightly lower than the SSD.
This may look like a regular mechanical hard drive but it’s actually a hybrid storage device boasting SSD speeds and HDD’s capacity. This is thanks to the 8GB NAND solid-state memory which increases boot and loading times exponentially.
The Combination of 8GB NAND MLC flash and a regular derive makes it the best overall gaming drive in our list.
It is a perfect all in one drive. For instance, If you want a primary drive then this can be your savior and in case you need a very fast secondary drive, this is your guy.
For all of you, who like to have multiple games at their disposal, It enables you to have 80 games each at 25gb. On top of all the above features, it has a 5-year warranty, so you can have tension-free gaming experience.
We know that you want a lot of capacity on your external gaming drive and you want it at the best price, without having to spend too much because with this article we want to analyze the best gaming drives, you will have everything with the best features in the market.
The runner up on our list is Seagate 3TB BarraCuda. You will love this drive for its robustness, its lightness and because it has up to 3TB memory so you can fully enjoy all the features that You appreciate more on an external hard drive. You will have a lot of storage for your games, but they will also be processed at a 10% higher speed.
The interface for this one is SATA connectivity 6GBPS. This can store up to 120 games each with a 25GB memory requirement. But If you are a video editor or streamer and need even more memory than what is provided by this drive, then you might consider buying other gaming drives with high storage as this one cannot accommodate much.
Although it doesn’t have the 5-year warranty, still you won’t get such features at such a low price so this might be the best drive for you.
It is 3.5 inches drive so you cannot use it for laptops and consoles.
IF you own a PlayStation and love playing games on it, you would be familiar with the huge issue of deficient memory as Play stations usually don’t offer much memory hence resulting in 2 to 3 games hardly.
Now if you’re like me and love to have at least 10 games then you would find this kit helpful. As it has everything you need to upgrade your low memory PS4. What does this kit have? Well, it includes:
- Seagate Firecuda SSHD
- 16GB USB3. 0 Flash Drive (it can be of 8, 16 or 32 GB depending upon your packages).
- G Force portable USB3. 0 aluminum Enclosure
- Carry Pouch
- Micro USB3. 0 Cable
- Installation Guide
All of these collectively enable you to load your games 5 times faster meaning not only will you have increased memory but better performance as well. It is compatible with a whole range of devices including PS4, PS4 SLIM, PS4 PRO and PS3. It will enable you to Store up to 80 x 25GB games and 5400 to 7200 RPM.
The installation instructions are straight-forward, if you follow them, you will have no problems. However, the one disadvantage that a lot of users had to encounter was that they needed to reinstall all of their games, which will take hours and hours, especially if there is a lot of downloaded content.
For This Problem
Back-up your PS4. If you go to Settings>System>Back-up and Restore, you can back-up your entire PS4 hard drive. This will require another external hard drive, of course. But, the hard drive has to be formatted properly, or the PS4 won’t recognize it.
2TB or 1TB from the Seagate fire Cuda drive
This is a hard drive exclusively made for Xbox players. So, if you’re a gamer and own an X-box then this hard drive is what you need. It will profusely increase the space and you can download as many games as you want without having to worry about the space.
An essential feature is that it has is a USB 3.0 connection. It is currently one of the most used thanks to the speed when transferring files and documents. Another best thing about this gaming drive is its size, it is lightweight and small on size so you can carry it anywhere due to its portability.
Seagate also provides you with the opportunity to Name your game drive, hence you can name this bad boy according to your liking. My favorite feature on this gaming drive is the presence of extra 2 USB slots, so if you are not satisfied with the 4TB space, so you can increase it by using USBs.
The speed for this gaming drive is 0.01 RPM. It has a 1-year limited warranty, so you can use it without any tension for a year. Since it is exclusively made for an x-box, so it is a bit expensive than your usual hard drives.
An External Hard Drive Destined For Xbox Gaming
- Store more, compute faster, and do it confidently with the proven reliability of BarraCuda internal hard drives
- Build a powerhouse gaming computer or desktop setup with a variety of capacities and form factors
- The go to SATA hard drive solution for nearly every PC application—from music to video to photo editing to PC gaming
- Confidently rely on internal hard drive technology backed by 20 years of innovation
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 2 year limited warranty
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Compatibility
- Fast data transfers
- Improve PC Performance
- High Capacity; Compatibility Formatted NTFS for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Reformatting may be required for other operating systems; Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system
- 2 year manufacturer's limited warranty
- Easily store and access 4TB of content on the go with the Seagate Portable Drive, a USB external hard drive
- Designed to work with Windows or Mac computers, this external hard drive makes backup a snap just drag and drop
- To get set up, connect the portable hard drive to a computer for automatic recognition no software required
- This USB drive provides plug and play simplicity with the included 18 inch USB 3.0 cable
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 1 year limited warranty
- Reliable everyday computing
- WD quality and reliability
- Free Acronis True Image WD Edition cloning Software
- Massive capacities up to 6 TB available
- 2 year manufacturer's limited warranty
- Travel with a massive capacity of up to 4TB in an ultra compact portable external hard drive LaCie Rugged Mini
- For those who have a need for speed, seamlessly connect to USB 3.0 computers and transfer content fast with speeds of up to 130MB/s
- Trek confidently with an external hard drive that offers all terrain durability of drop, crush, and water resistance
- Take advantage of a complimentary 1 month membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps Plan for access to awesome photo and video editing apps
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 2 year limited warranty
- Designed for gaming PC and high end desktop workstations
- High Performance with 7200 RPM and large cache size
- Massive capacity to accommodate large gaming libraries; Voltage 5VDC (±5 percent) / 12VDC (±5 percent)
- Toshiba's cache technology to deliver high level performance in real time. Average latency: 4.17 ms
- Ramp loading and drive stabilization technologies for reliability. Shock (operating): 70 G / 2 ms duration
- IronWolf internal hard drives are the ideal solution for up to 8 bay, multi user NAS environments craving powerhouse performance
- Store more and work faster with a NAS optimized hard drive providing 6TB and cache of up to 256MB
- Purpose built for NAS enclosures, IronWolf delivers less wear and tear, little to no noise/vibration, no lags or down time, increased file sharing performance, and much more
- Easily monitor the health of drives using the integrated IronWolf Health Management system and enjoy long term reliability with 1M hours MTBF
- 3 year limited warranty protection plan included
- Innovative V-Nand Technology: Powered by Samsung V-Nand Technology, the 860 Evo SSD Offers Optimized Performance for Everyday Computing As Well as Rendering Large-Sized 4K Videos and 3D Data Used by the Latest Applications
- ENHANCED READ WRITE SPEEDS: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s, respectively
- Secure Encryption: Protect Data by Selecting Security Options, Including Aes 256-Bit Hardware-Based Encryption Compliant with Tcg Opal and Ieee 1671
- Warranty and Compatibility: 5-year limited warranty; Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX and Linux
- Included Contents: 2.5 Inches (7 Millimeter) Sata 3 (6 GB/S) SSD & User Manual (All Other Cables, Screws, Brackets Not Included); Reliability (Mtbf): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (Mtbf)
- Automatic backup Easy to use
- Password Protection + 256 bit AES hardware encryption
- Western Digital Discovery Software for Western Digital backup, password Protection and drive management
- Superspeed USB port; USB 2.0 compatible. Compatibility-Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 operating systems. Requires reformatting for other operating systems
- 3 year manufacturer's limited warranty
- Industry's first 16TB drive
- Standard Model FastFormat (512e/4Kn)
- Helium sealed-drive design delivers lower total cost of ownership through lower power and weight
- Digital environmental sensors to monitor internal drive conditions for optimal operation and performance
- Proven enterprise-class reliability backed by a 2.5M-hr MTBF rating
If you’re a gamer or streamer or a video editor and you are looking for a drive with Extreme performance and Best storage then Toshiba is your go-to place and their X300 is your best choice. It has a fast 200MB/s of reading and writes speed which ensures a smooth gaming experience.
The best thing about this drive is its ability to work under maximum load as it doesn’t create noise even under full pressure. The device offers the best experience with Minimum buffering Cache technology and Ramp loading.
It has 3.5 inches of form factor which is mostly present in the desktop computer so you can easily use this drive on those computers. With this hard drive, you don’t need to worry about your data, as it has Data protection technology that protects your data safely.
It has Accurate tracking which stabilizes the drive shaft at both ends along with a shock sensor for maximum protection. The hard drive has SATA 6 Gbit/s connectivity and 7200 RPM rotational speed.
The enhanced stability is guaranteed thanks to the Tunnel Magnetoresistive recording head technology used in the manufacturing of this drive. The best thing about this drive is its Optimize cache allocation with 128 or 256 MBs of cache, this high cache enables the users to play games smoothly without any lag.
The sad thing about this otherwise awesome drive is that it does not provide a standard 5-year warranty like many of its other competitors, instead, it only has a 2-year warranty.
A Hard Drive Designed For Gamers
If what you are looking for is a quality product that allows you to store up to 1tb of information, this alternative will not disappoint you either. The truth is that the WD brand is making very good quality products. This 1TB Blue drive uses a single 1TB platter spinning at 7200rpm.
There are 2 heads (each side is 500GB). This device is not the one for you if you’re looking for a high-performance device with lots and lots of memory as it has all the mediocre features in this regards i.e. 7200 RPM construction, SATA3 Gbps interface and only 150 MB/s speed, which is quite low as compared to the other devices on our list.
Then why should one buy it? Well, it might not have the best speed or storage but it is a reliable device with cheap price. IF you can’t afford to spend dollars on a drive and your use is not that much then the device is perfect for you.
It can easily be a low storage primary or an excellent secondary device for you. It has No touch ramp load technology, that protects your data from being lost by protecting the integrity of the drive.
For all the game nerds, who want to have the best gaming experience at a minimum price, this is the best option. It has a very affordable price which is quite lower than many other gaming drives providing the same experience.
When buying a gaming drive and spending a lot of money on its features, we sometimes forget that what would happen if this drive slips from our hand resulting in a huge loss of data as well as money.
That’s where this drive comes in. IT has anti-slip properties so that there are quite fewer chances of slippage and even if it falls down accident, the anti-shock and vibration resistant properties keep the drive safe. It is easy to carry around due to the small size. It has IP4 water-resistant technology to keep it safe from moisture as well.
It provides 2TB of storage and is 5.5 x 0.94 x 3.4 inches in size. Regarding the box, you have to be clear that it is an aluminum casing that has shock and pressure protection properties. It can bear 650 pounds of pressure.
Another best feature of this gaming drive is it’s easy to perform the installation. The upgrade from your previous storage to this drive is pretty simple. You can do it on your own.
The connection is made via USB 3.0, which is considered the gold standard due to the fast speed of transfer. On top of all that, they also provide you with 3 years warranty, so you can do stress-free gaming.
In our list of best gaming hard drives, the title of best storage would be given to this ultimate hard drive by western digital. As written in the title, it offers 14 TB of storage which is far greater than the storage provided by normal hard drives.
This type of storage comes in handy for streamers and video editors who deal with a large number of 4k videos in a day and hence need more storage accordingly. The greater storage does not mean that the drive compromises in terms of quality and speed.
It has a SATA 6GB/s hardware interface and can carry a Workload up to the rate of 550 TB per year. This value is much much higher than an average gaming drive. WD provides 5 years of warranty on this gaming drive. It has Five generations of helioseal technology which provides high quality with minimum turbulence.
The drive is equipped with Dynamic fly height technology as well as RVS tech which protects it from vibrations and ensures the power, efficacy, and reliability of the drive.
It has a NAS built with a rotational speed of 7200 RPM. An average gaming drive nowadays can have 64mbs of cache which is not the case with this drive as it has a cache of 512mbs, which is suitable for its storage.
Seagate FireCuda (1TB) has essentially all the perks and advantages of the Firecuda (2TB), which we have named the best overall drive in our list. The only difference is in its capacity, it has half the space as in the 2 TB device.
This is for the people who can’t afford 2TB drive but still want all the best features. So they have to cut down a little on the space to get the desired result. The 2.5 inches face form enables you to install it on both laptops as well as computers.
The rotational speed for this amazing drive is 7200 RPM which speaks for itself. It also has a 64mb cache. This device opts for SATA3 connectivity. The best thing about this drive is its speed I.e 200mbps speed, to be exact it has 216.9 MB/s read speed and 211.4 MB/s write speed.
This speed allows the user to play games very smoothly and without any lags or interruptions. Less storage also plays an important role in the speed of the drive, hence making up for the loss of capacity.
In spite of all the above best features, we must say that if you want to open more than 2 apps at a time simultaneously then this drive won’t provide as good experience as some of its features might deteriorate. So you ought to keep that in mind.
Which One to Choose? A Confusing Decision
Well, I have gathered some of the best hard drives for my gaming lovers and I personally reviewed these hard drives. According to the manufacturers, these are highly sensitive drives to use in gaming computers, PSP and Xbox.
Choose any of the hard drive mentioned above because now all the information and description is shared with you. Now just get the one you need and start using it in your PC or PSP or Xbox.
Do not forget to leave a comment below and share your feedback, if you have any question regarding any hard drive do not hesitate to contact me, I am always here for my readers.
“Use Smart Game Booster to enjoy a better gaming experience by ending unnecessary processes and release more system resources.”