We know how hard it can get to choose the right art resources for your canvas. And the search becomes much trickier when it has to do with best watercolor pencils and different varieties of water-soluble coloring tools.
However, if you are one such budding painter who wants to delve into or are intimately acquainted with watercolor pencils and are looking out for some of the first-rate manufacturers in the market, then we have simply the right listing for you today.
Best Watercolor Pencils
Derwent Watercolor Pencil Set
The Derwent Watercolor Pencil Set is just best for beginner painters and art college students who are nevertheless entirely new to the field. They are highly pocket-friendly and strike excellent stability between overall performance and affordability.
They come with a total of 24 different colorings, thereby presenting a pleasant varies of coloring possibilities.
- One of the more affordable watercolor pencil sets
- Fits the needs of beginner painter perfectly
- Is an amazing gifting option
- Comes wrapped in a beautiful box
- The colors are a bit dull
- Vibrancy and color depth is nothing special
Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencil Set
The Faber-Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencil Set is for the extra serious painters out there. It has a significant determination of a hundred and twenty watercolor pencils, which are at the top of their type in phrases of vibrancy and performance.
And if the cost is not an issue for you, then this pencil set will indeed be one of the pleasant you can go for.
- Rich, vibrant colors with a lot of depth
- Instantly dissolves in water
- Leaves no pigment behind and offers even color coating
- Comes with a selection of 120 watercolor pencils
- Quite expensive
- Not recommended for beginner painters
Music is the food of the soul. We listen to music in all kinds of moods either happy sad or funky or just meh. But the soothing effect of music can lessen a lot if the quality of the earbuds you are using isn’t good which in turn is lowering the quality of sound. It […]
As technology advances day by day, our lives changes and the need for IT professionals keep arising leading to a rise in economy. Managers of big IT companies find it challenging to recruit and add top-rated IT specialists to work within their organization. This has made many organizations engage in IT outsourcing trends to better […]
For us millennials, Facebook was our first introduction to social media. We learned socializing through this app. Slowly it was replaced by apps with newer features like Instagram and snapchat. One of the many reasons for the Facebook decline was its constant nagging through notifications. You will get thousands of notifications every time you open […]
Apps update all the time, some updates are more important than the other. Today we will be talking about a recent update in an app that has become a staple in our everyday life. We can’t go anywhere without it. I can’t think of anybody in my circle who uses actual maps instead of google […]
Cretacolor Watercolor Pencil Set
When it comes to utility and ease of use, no longer all watercolor pencil sets will be in a position to supply you with what the Cretacolor pencils can. These pencils are very uniquely designed and come in a two woodless barreled body.
So, indeed, you can call them watercolor sticks that are encapsulated inside a ‘razor-thin lacquer.’
- Lacquered body doesn’t allow pigment spillage onto the fingers
- Full watercolor tip will help you paint out your imagination in any way you want
- Body firm enough to be sharpened
- Very easy to use pencils, great for both amateurs and professionals
- Comes with only 72 color variations which may seem limited for the price you pay
- An extremely softcore may not be ideal for all forms of paintings.
Caran d’Ache Watercolor Pencil Set
However, Caran d’Ache takes a one of a kind strategy and segregates their hues into three categories of Introductory, Landscape, and Marine. Just like the Faber-Castell Albrecht, we will be recommending this watercolor pencil set for the more adept artists and for whom cash is now not a component when it comes to selecting their paint.
The tremendous and shade depth of these pencils are superb as well. The colorings are notably vibrant, and the water-soluble core dissolves, leaving no clumps behind.
- Color variations are segregated into different genres
- Colors have great depth and vibrancy
- Water-soluble core dissolves instantly leaving no clumps behind
- Perfect for professional use
- Not beginner friendly
- Is quite an expensive choice
Prismacolor Watercolor Pencil Set
Prismacolor has been placing the well-known for watercolors for years now. The Prismacolor set is nicely balanced in terms of both coloration vibrancy and ease of use so that we will be recommending them for a massive user base, and you can quickly get a grasp of these pencils as well, even if you’re are new to the field.
The Prismacolor watercolor pencil set is all about versatility. It has a smooth core; however, no longer too soft, and when in contrast to the Prismacolor shade pencils, the core is a lot more impregnable; however, it is as equally soluble in water.
- Fits both professional and amateur painters perfectly
- Softcore dissolves instantly in water
- The core is not soft enough to disallow drawing fine lines
- Easy to use pencils with rich color depth
- The sets don’t provide enough color variations
Other Dissolvable Art Supplies
Derwent Inktense Pencils
These pencils have a very profitable getting to know curve, making them reasonably effortless to use and lets in them to flawlessly suit the wants of professional illustrators, designers, and college students alike.
But not like the Watercolor set, the Inktense pencils are capable of producing a wide variety of intense colorings which are distinctly bright and not stupid by using any means.
- Can be used to make detailed sketches or provide an ink-like effect with water
- Becomes permanent after drying
- Vibrant range of colors with a lot of depth
- Not ideal for drawing on large surfaces
Also Read How To Start a Blog
Derwent Inktense Blocks
Just like the Derwent Inktense Pencils is best for smaller initiatives and extraordinarily inconvenient when drawing on large surfaces, the Inktense Blocks, on the different hand, is simply the opposite.
They have more or less the same property as the pencils; the softcore is extraordinarily water-soluble. It provides a rich, brilliant coloration with a lot of contrasting depth and brightness to them.
- Will allow you to paint large areas quickly and effortlessly
- Vivid colors with a lot of contrasting depth
- No need to sharpen before every use
- Doesn’t work all that well when sketching finer details or while making intricate ink-based patterns
Derwent Graphitint Pencils
What separates the Graphitint Pencils from the more ordinary watercolor pencils and bars is the moderate darkness that they can grant to a painting. These pencils are no longer about brightness, however, to create darker shades that impart a kind of earthiness to every stroke.
In terms of water solubility and coloring property, all Derwent merchandise persistently supply identical degrees of performance.
- The soft grey tones of graphite provide color shades which have a darker and softer tone
- Dissolves easily in water
- Perfect for paintings with a darker theme
- Becomes permanent after drying
- Not ideal for brighter art pieces
Lyra Aquacolor Crayons
These German engineered wax crayons can be the best present for your little ones who are pretty enthusiastic about getting into the world of watercolor painting.
These crayons are about 1/2 the length of an everyday watercolor pencil, they are surprisingly water soluble and is possibly the best drawing tool that we have on our listing today.
- Provides intensely bright and vivid colors
- Extremely easy to use, perfect for children who want to start watercolor painting
- Very high pigmentation allows a rich blend
- AP certified, hence non-toxic
- A lot of pigment spillage that can get onto the fingers
Also Read IDM Serial Key
Caran d’Ache Neocolor II
The Caran d’Ache crayons are a bit extra versatile than the Lyra as well. Where the Lyra went for more ease of use and bright, extreme colors and thicker coating, the Caran d’Ache is appropriate for a vast range of inventive methods for use on a range of surfaces.
These crayons are softer than colored pencils however a whole lot denser than the ordinary children’s wax crayons. They are incredibly responsive to moist brush and will permit you to combine both wet and dry methods for the identical artwork piece.
- Allows more versatile ranges of use
- Can be used on a large number of surfaces
- Will let you use both dry and wet techniques for a single painting
- Makes drawing finer lines possible
- Can leave behind paint clots
- Doesn’t dry instantly
ArtGraf Water-Soluble Graphite
On the surface these pencils work like any other ordinary stationary; you use them for dry sketches to do your outline and the finer details which go into the elaborate patterns.
The water turns the pencil lines into a kind of an obvious grey paint. This can come extremely available when dealing with monochrome artwork and even for tonal studies.
- Will allow you to sketch finer lines effortlessly
- Produces a sort of transparent grey paint with a wet brush
- Perfect for monochrome paintings and tonal studies
- Doesn’t dry up all that fast, which may be an issue for certain art pieces
Also Read Fault in Nonpaged Area
They are lots firmer than crayons and watercolor blocks and have a large surface area than them as well. One component of the Derwent Artbars that we right away seen used to be how smoothly it went down on paper!
Artbars are typically regarded to have a less assailable core which produces a rougher combination that will not accurate coat the paper on a single bar or brush stroke.
- The triangle shape of the blocks allows the drawing of finer lines
- Thicker paint can adequately cover the paper on a single stroke
- Bright, intense colors
- Can allow line and wash on the same painting
- Doesn’t dry up or get absorbed all that conveniently
One of the best matters about the Cretacolor AquaSticks is how it goes extremely reliable and accurate with any type of a surface. Canvas, wood, glass, paper, you title it; these pastels will lie down very easily and with smooth, prosperous tones on any floor of choice.
They will provide you with ample surface place for larger canvas projects.
- Will allow you to paint on any form of surface may it be glass, paper or wood
- Color blends are rich with a nice depth and vividness to them
- Easy to use with hardly any pigment spillage
- Will melt extremely fast if left out in the open for too long
Well here we have presented you a complete list of watercolor pencils where all the pencils are unique in terms of their features and working capacities. Which one of the water color pencils are your favorite one?