Comparing Top Online Survey Vendors
Are you in the market for an online survey engine and overwhelmed by the number of options available? Us too. That is why we have decided to provide you with a guide that compares the pros and cons of some of the top online survey tools in 2019.
Before you view this guide, it is important that you determine the following:
(a) which features are important to you in an online survey vendor, and
(b) how much of a priority each feature would be in the scheme of your surveying needs.
Once you determine this, it is far easier to choose among top competitors in the online survey market and choose the right product for your online activities.
You might determine that you want a post-evaluation survey tool that is attached to an online course training software. This way, you can collect data from students following completion of one of your online programs. This is possible with the online course software, CertCentral.
1. Online Survey Vendor: SurveyMonkey
Pros of SurveyMonkey:
- According to Capterra, SurveyMonkey is trusted by 98% of fortune 500 companies. This shows that this platform is reliable supporting millions of users successfully.
- SurveyMonkey enables custom URLs for survey creators.
- SurveyMonkey offers a wide variety of customizable templates for creating surveys that help survey creators that are at the beginner, intermediate, or advanced level create powerful surveys.
- SurveyMonkey is geared toward intermediate to advanced level users.
Cons of SurveyMonkey:
- The SurveyMonkey logo and branding appears on all surveys. This is not good for organizations that want to deliver surveys using their organization’s theme colors, logo, and branding.
- SurveyMonkey is not very user-friendly when it comes to sending surveys to specific recipients in the latest version of the software.
- SurveyMonkey does not support Captcha fields.
Despite SurveyMonkey not supporting custom branding, it is widely used and highly reliable. If you need a survey solution that is reliable and fast–SurveyMonkey is the choice for you.
You may also like TeamViewer Alternatives
2. Online Survey Vendor: Qualtrics
Pros of Qualtrics:
- Qualtrics supports timers, so you can deliver timed surveys to your target audience.
- With Qualtrics, you can deploy surveys to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Reddit, and Twitter. With SurveyMonkey, you can only deploy surveys to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Unlike SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics supports Captcha fields.
Cons of Qualtrics:
- Unlike SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics is only geared toward advanced users and enterprises.
- According to customers, the report interface can be slow to load and once loaded and exported to a Word document or PDF, often shows blurry report graphics.
- Students can drag the cursor in order to avoid watching videos integrated into surveys.
- Qualtrics is more expensive than SurveyMonkey. Subscriptions for Qualtrics start at $299/ year.
Qualtrics has more advanced integrations and tools than SurveyMonkey. If you represent a large organization and have individuals with software experience creating the surveys–than Qualtrics is the better choice for you. Keep in mind though, that your budget will have to be higher for Qualtrics than for SurveyMonkey.